Tuesday 29 December 2015

A difficult one...

Christmas all but over and thoughts of new years eve are playing on my mind. I have been looking at my journey to this moment and trying to rationalise the events and emotions of my life. I was hoping that I would find a new clarity to step into 2016, but if anything , I am more lost.

It is not the scars I carry that make me the person I am, it is my ability to heal that makes me who I am.

Such a small sentence to surmise a life time born in the wrong body. It truly is are ability to recover that makes us who we are; yes the adversities impact and harden are view and outlook, but they also give us the compassion and hope that makes us the whole and attractive prospect of potential. There are few that travel through life without some degree of adversity, with or without gender issue, the skill is to recognise are suffering and that of others, and forgive.

'Forgive' may seem a strange word to use in the context, but it is the word I feel is appropriate. We carry guilt as a constant for life's failings and internalise these emotions, if we can find are way to forgive, then the weight and fear of them is eased. I will try and remind myself of this concept as the end of the year approaches and attempt to develop it as a strategy to cope with the pointless baggage I carry from a past that I have no power to change.

I hope that you all had some joy over Christmas and the new year is kind to you all xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment