Saturday 7 November 2015

Just a feeling

I have been thinking a lot recently, about how I interact with people and the world around me, I have come to the not so very surprising conclusion that I am naive in my expectation that society is readily going to accept me as a woman. I have been thinking of using my page here as a conduit to express my feelings and maybe inform people who I am, explain myself and discuss the processes of change I have undergone. I don't want to write a text book of transition however, I want it to be a means to help others to know me and see me as the person I am rather than 'the transgender' they know, or more importantly, show those that don't know me that I am not so very different to themselves.
I am not sure how I am going to go about this just at this moment, I am thinking of using an open journal approach,. At times talking about my past in a factual recounts punctuated with how they affected me emotionally and how I acted as a result. Other times just using the space as a diary of my day. My hope will be that those that follow what I scribble will gain an understanding of the person I am and loose what preconceptions they may have of me, more importantly loose those preconceptions of 'the type' of person. I'd like people to personalize what they read and develop a commonality with me. I hope from this they will see more similarities than differences and take with it how, with a bit of understanding, how close the world can be if we give ourselves the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment